Wednesday, May 19, 2010

In the name of

Dear Mr Cakes,

In heart and mind, in soul and aura, I pray that I might have the strength to be there for ppl who need someone, and still manage to support my intense endeavours and ambitions. May I find the strength to heave others into balance, the bravery to engage those who others will not, the clear head and mind for me to listen without preconceptions and biases, and a clear heart that grows towards genuinely wishing everyone well.

This is my way of thanking your support and quiet nudges all throughout my life. You know that as much as I am proud I can't walk this world alone. You represent the automatic walking shoes that assure my stability when I am about to fall or the jaw-and-mouth braces that prevent me from saying shit before I think.

You are I as much as I am You. You understand me as much as I understand you. If You are gone I shall be free but clumsy and tripping and damned, having lost half of my identity and self.

Remind me that we can never totally help people. We've tried to make some people happy but they'd just stabbed us in the heart. And I know you always shifted so that you got stabbed. Your analytical mind takes most of the blows that We go through in a single day. For that, I really thank you.

Granted, you're not really a very nice person. I've seen you do malicious things to other ppl because they disturbed us. And your words can stab and maim and kill when you want them to. Your motto is always, Treat yourself the best cos' no one else will. In some sense you're selfish too. I always have a hard time reining in your aggresively sharp and deviant impulses. Once or twice you trick me with common sedatives so that you can run more freely, but I always gain the upper hand. :-D

We are the best friends ever. An insult to you is an insult to me.




written on 2nd February, 1521 hours, in Central Library, while listening to Thee Michelle Gun Elephant

No comments: